This role combines technical expertise in website development and coding with a thorough understanding of search engine algorithms and technical developments within the search engine marketplace. This includes auditing the sites of potential clients for new business pitches and writing proposals in response to client briefs.
The SEO Account Manager is responsible for keeping clients informed with any new developments in SEO, as well as working as closely with their SEO team and client`s web development and IT teams to ensure the SEO strategy is implemented correctly. They may also work with social and PR teams, the client or other agencies.
SEO Account Managers report to an Account Director and work within a client team, as well as in close-operation with the Head of SEO and SEO Director.
WHAT WE’LL WANT YOU TO DO
• Create and execute a successful SEO campaign to meet and exceed clients objectives, including rankings, traffic volumes and ROI targets
• Manage SEO Account Executive(s) delivering this campaign
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, including being an effective and confident communicator with clients (written and oral)
• Analyse the latest changes in search engine algorithms and industry developments and adjust strategy accordingly
• Share best practice findings and research with the wider SEO teams
• Delegate tasks and project manage to ensure all deadlines and targets are met
• Develop team members in terms of their SEO knowledge and soft skills, including giving in-house training
• Act as a professional representative of the company at external events